Farm Project Manager
– Watkins Glen, NY
The Farm Project Manager position is responsible for oversight of all maintenance and farm projects. Position involves significant hands-on work as well as supervising one staff. The Farm Project Manager reports to the National Shelter Director.
- Ensure that farm projects are successfully completed, working with project staff and contractors as needed, in the following areas:
- Building Maintenance
- Supply Orders
- Construction Projects
- Equipment Maintenance
- Evaluating maintenance, and project needs, coordinating research as needed and implementing improvements/changes as needed
- Coordinating with the National Shelter Director on all responsibilities.
- Maintaining building and equipment safety standards as determined by the organization
- Assist Farm Manager with implementation of safety programs
- Oversee maintenance and capital projects for both shelter and non-shelter facilities
- Manage project and maintenance budget and expense tracking
- Submit monthly farm project reports as requested by the National Shelter Director
- Hiring, training, supervising, evaluating and disciplining (as needed) one project staff.
- Ability to perform hands-on work, including experience with fencing, large farm equipment maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, electric, etc.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Comfortable with the mission of FS
- Ability to deal professionally with staff and outside contractors
- Good attention to detail
- Previous maintenance experience required
- Previous management experience preferred
- Full time position at our Watkins Glen, NY location
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health insurance, long term disability and 403b plan.
Additional materials to supplement application including cover letter, resume, or references may be sent to:
PO Box 150
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
Date posted: December 3, 2013