Shelter Caregiver Assistant – Orland, CA
- Animal feeding and maintaining animal feeding schedules
- Animal watering and maintaining animal watering schedules
- Barn cleaning
- Shelter cleaning projects as assigned
- Assisting with animal health care and health checks
Caregiver Assistants are part of a team of shelter workers who are assigned one of four animal care areas each day: barn cleaning, animal feeding and watering, shelter projects, or animal health care assistance. Shelter workers must be able to complete any of the four areas assigned and complete all tasks assigned within these animal care areas.
- Good animal behavior observation skills
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Able to perform strenuous physical labor and lifting
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and maintain animal care schedules as assigned
- Ability to work well with variety of people
- Team player
- Very reliable and dependable
- Commitment to Farm Sanctuary’s animal care policies
- Commitment to Farm Sanctuary’s organizational programs and goals
- One year experience at animal care facility preferred and/or animal advocacy volunteer history
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
Shelter Caregiver Assistants should have a strong desire and ability to do hands-on shelter work and a personal commitment to rescuing and protecting farm animals. Caregiver Assistants are vital team members of our shelters, where providing quality animal care is the number one priority.
- Full time
- Work schedule varies; regular weekend and holiday availability required
- Evening hours may be required during summer months
- Occasional travel may be required to assist with transport for animal adoptions or rescues
- Salary range: $22,500 to $27,000; based on experience and qualifications
- Competitive benefits package including health insurance, 403b plan, and long term disability
All interested applicants are required to complete Farm Sanctuary’s Employment Application. Instructions for sending supplemental materials will be provided within the application.
For questions or to request a copy of the employment application by mail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date posted January 14, 2015