Shelter Manager – Acton, CA
Responsibilities & Duties:
Manage all Acton, CA sanctuary operations in coordination with the National Shelter Director which includes:
- Manage, motivate, train, and evaluate all shelter department staff.
- Coordinate and administer care to our shelter residents, maintaining animal care standards as determined by the organization
- Maintain all veterinary records for all animals at the Acton Sanctuary and coordinate with veterinarians on all surgical, diagnostic or other related health needs of the animals.
- Implement safety programs as required
- Prepare work schedules for the caregivers and caregiver assistants
- Coordinate approved animal rescues and animal placement
- Assist Director of Facilities Management to coordinate all farm building and equipment maintenance and upkeep.
- Submit monthly animal care reports as requested by the National Shelter Director
- Assist with preparation of annual operating budget and provide regular reports on expenses as requested
- Oversee shelter administrative operations
- Handle special donor relations as requested by the Development Department
- Strong animal care experience with at least two years hands-on farm animal healthcare experience
- Ability to lead a diverse team, with at least two years prior management experience preferred
- Ability to manage and prioritize numerous ongoing projects
- Commitment to Farm Sanctuary’s animal care policies
- Commitment to Farm Sanctuary’s organizational goals and programs
- Excellent animal behavior observation skills
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Able to perform strenuous physical labor and lifting
- Position reports to the National Shelter Director
- Occasional travel to offsite meetings (including Watkins Glen, NY) may be required
- Flexibility to work weekends and be on-call when necessary
- Salary commensurate with experience with competitive benefits package
Click here to apply online.
Additional materials to supplement application including cover letter, resume or references may be sent to:
Farm Sanctuary Human Resources Dept.
P.O. Box 150
Watkins Glen, NY 14891