Education and Outreach Intern – Los Angeles, CA
The Education Department at Farm Sanctuary works to raise awareness through conferences and events, urban outreach, and online education about factory farming, the lives of farm animals, and the ways that concerned consumers can make a difference. Based in our downtown Los Angeles office, this internship provides a unique opportunity to gain experience by contributing to our educational programs in the Los Angeles area and providing support for off-site events.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Internet research projects
- Phone call and correspondence projects
- Los Angeles area outreach projects, including restaurant and other business outreach
- Assisting with Los Angeles area off-site events
- Committed to veganism
- Knowledgeable about farm animal issues
- Knowledgeable about vegetarianism and veganism
- Good communication and outreach skills
- Strong writing skills
- Hard-working and dependable
- Able to work well independently
- Capable of and comfortable using personal vehicle and driving throughout the Los Angeles area
- Volunteer commitment of 40 hours per week
- Two- to three-month commitment required, three-month internships preferred
- Weekend and holiday hours may be required
- Must have own transportation
- Must arrange own housing accommodations; no Farm Sanctuary housing is available for this position
- Position based at Farm Sanctuary’s Los Angeles, CA, office at 3333 Wilshire Blvd.
- Opportunity to learn non-profit education and outreach functions
- Opportunity to learn about Farm Sanctuary campaigns and programs
- Working with like-minded and committed animal activists
- Gain valuable experience to support interest in future non-profit employment, especially within vegan, animal rights, and sanctuary organizations
- Further the goals and mission of Farm Sanctuary to benefit farm animals
- Interns may be eligible for reimbursement by Farm Sanctuary for mileage at the approved IRS rate. Alternatively, interns may claim deductions for mileage used in service of charitable organizations. For additional information visit the IRS website or consult your tax advisor.
NOTE: As we are just starting to accept interns for our recently opened Los Angeles office, you may find that some items in the application or intern FAQs are not applicable to Los Angeles positions.