Though it is our goal to provide a well-rounded internship experience, priority will be placed on tasks that are vital at the time, and these tasks may vary greatly by season. Responsibilities will be determined based on current organizational needs as well as the skills and experience of the internship applicant. We love having interns on our team and look forward to working with you soon!
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Data entry and filing projects
- Researching, identifying, and developing new sources of foundation funding and individual prospects
- Los Angeles area restaurant and business outreach projects
- Assisting with general research projects for various departments
- Assisting with scanning, copying, and post office runs
- Assisting with general office upkeep
- Greeting office visitors and providing general assistance
- An active interest in animal protection issues
- Excellent communication and outreach skills
- Writing and project management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong internet research skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a variety of tasks
- Commitment to Farm Sanctuary’s goals and programs
- Volunteer commitment of 40 hours per week
- One- to three-month commitment required
- Must have own transportation
- Position based at Farm Sanctuary’s Los Angeles, CA, office at 3333 Wilshire Blvd.
- Opportunity to learn non-profit education and outreach skills
- Opportunity to learn about Farm Sanctuary campaigns and programs
- Working with like-minded and committed animal activists
- Gain valuable experience to support interest in future non-profit employment, especially within vegan, animal rights, and sanctuary organizations
To apply, click here.
NOTE: As we are just starting to accept interns for our recently opened Los Angeles office, you may find that some items in the application or intern FAQs are not applicable to Los Angeles positions.