Facilities Maintenance Technician
– Watkins Glen, NY
The Facilities Maintenance Technician plays an important role on the sanctuary team, performing hands-on maintenance and repairs for all buildings and equipment at our Watkins Glen location. The Facilities Maintenance Technician reports to the Facilities Manager.
- Work with Facilities Manager to ensure that facilities projects are successfully completed in the following areas:
- Building and Home Maintenance
- Equipment Maintenance
- Plumbing, electrical and HVAC system maintenance
- Fencing and gates
- Supply Orders
- Construction Projects
- Evaluate maintenance and project needs, coordinating research as needed and implementing improvements/changes as approved by Facilities Manager
- Maintain building and equipment safety standards as determined by the organization
- Coordinate appointments with outside contractors as needed
- Use computerized maintenance software to track and complete work orders
- Assist with mowing and snow removal as needed
- Assist Facilities Manager with implementation of safety programs
- Submit farm project reports as requested
- Assist with barn cleaning, animal movement and transport as needed
- Coordinate with Facilities Manager on other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to perform hands-on work, including experience with building and home repairs, fencing, large farm equipment maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, electric, etc. Experience with power tools required.
- Ability to drive tractors and other farm equipment. Ability to drive trucks with trailers preferred
- Flexibility and aptitude as a self-starter; ability to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented
- Ability to work well independently, while maintaining appropriate communication with supervisor
- Comfortable with the mission of Farm Sanctuary
- Ability to communicate professionally with staff and outside contractors
- Reliable and dependable, with flexibility and willingness to adjust schedule when needed
- Team player; able to work well with a variety of people
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor and lifting
- Previous maintenance experience required
- Full-time non-exempt position located at our Watkins Glen, New York sanctuary
- Some on-call shifts required
- Some travel, including overnight trips, required
- Some weekend and holiday availability required
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package, including paid holidays; personal days; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403(b) plan; flexible spending accounts; and long-term disability insurance.
All interested applicants are required to complete Farm Sanctuary’s Employment Application. Instructions for sending supplemental materials will be provided within the application.
For questions or to request a copy of the employment application by mail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position posted May 23, 2018