The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating and implementing all Farm Sanctuary print and digital visual assets and strategies. The ideal candidate brings experience across multiple platforms. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Communications & Marketing with extensive collaboration with Farm Sanctuary’s Chief Communications, Content, and Brand Officer and head of technology.
- Ensure all designs are aligned with brand standards, maintaining visual style guide, and an organization-wide commitment to brand consistency.
- Advise on the most effective and appropriate design strategies and tactics for delivering key messages and information.
- Use InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and PowerPoint to create effective marketing, advertising, and editorial materials, including infographics, website, email campaigns, calendar, print newsletter, event signage, and presentations.
- Use WordPress to create new and update existing webpages.
- Create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockup.
- Refine templates and reproduce assets within existing templates as needed.
- Creation of merchandise product design, as needed.
- Cultivate and manage freelance designers.
- Other communications department projects as assigned
- At least 1-3 years of professional communications experience, preferably as a graphic designer and marketing professional.
- Adobe Creative Suite design software proficiency required.
- Strong portfolio showing both print and digital design proficiency.
- Exceptional eye for and attention to detail.
- A working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Ability to turnaround artwork quickly on short notice.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines while effectively managing multiple projects with creativity and flexibility.
- Ability to understand and communicate requirements and design, explain, and negotiate feedback on mockups.
- Ability to work well as part of a diverse, cross-country team, keeping others informed, and highlighting opportunities and risks associated with campaigns and projects.
- Commitment to Farm Sanctuary’s mission, goals, and programs.
- Motion graphics and production skills are a plus.
- Ideal candidate will additionally have strong illustration skills.
- Full-time position
- Position to be based in Farm Sanctuary’s office in Los Angeles or telecommuting from a remote home office in New York, NY.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Competitive benefits package, including paid holidays; personal days; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403(b) plan; flexible spending accounts; and long-term disability insurance.
All interested applicants are required to complete Farm Sanctuary’s Employment Application. Instructions for sending supplemental materials will be provided within the application.
For questions or to request a copy of the employment application by mail, please contact email@example.com.
Position posted on August 22, 2018