Membership Coordinator –
Los Angeles, CA
Farm Sanctuary’s Membership Coordinator will be tasked with assessing Farm Sanctuary’s current membership structure, proposing any changes and then working to implement and maintain a new membership program for Farm Sanctuary’s constituents. The Coordinator will also work to expand membership, evaluate renewal and acquisition programs, and update strategies for promoting memberships at sanctuaries and events. The Membership Coordinator reports to the Development Manager – Direct Marketing.
- Evaluate current criteria and benefits of Farm Sanctuary membership in order to propose a new membership structure and ongoing program.
- Prepare, implement, and evaluate an annual strategic plan for marketing the organization’s membership program to increase visitor attendance, membership numbers, and operating income.
- Support management with the preparation of an annual income and expense budget.
- Maintain and manage approved annual income and expense budget.
- Work with the Development Manager – Direct Marketing to identify and implement membership and donor cultivation opportunities.
- Support the Development Manager – Special Events to plan and implement special events and activities focused around active members and prospective members and donors at all levels.
- Work with Development Manager – Direct Marketing to coordinate membership direct mail campaigns.
- Handle regular inquiries related to the membership program including but not limited to organizational donation requests, member inquires, research needs, website requests, and manage any specific needs of the membership program.
- Work with the Communications Department in the development and production of all printed membership materials, including providing design ideas and written content for all new pieces.
- With the Database Coordinator, maintain constituent database as it relates to membership programs, including running monthly reports, generating queries, and creating mailing lists as needed.
- Handle screening and supervision of membership program volunteers and interns.
- Collaborate with various departments as needed to manage membership program including education, visitor activities, events, etc.
- Work with Visitor Experience staff to implement membership cultivation and retention programs, including membership-related visitor surveys, membership sales, incentive programs, and special offers.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience developing and/or working in a membership program.
- Working knowledge of constituent database programs required (ROI experience preferred)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage processes, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to clearly articulate Farm Sanctuary’s mission, goals and values to members and supporters
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with volunteers and staff.
- Ability to work independently while also working as a member of Farm Sanctuary’s development team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills necessary to tailor messages to various audiences and be an effective representative for Farm Sanctuary
- Familiarity with and dedication to Farm Sanctuary’s vision, mission, and ethos
- Knowledge of animal protection movement and issues preferred
- Ability to lift and carry 10 lbs
- Fund development or direct marketing experience a plus.
- Full time, exempt position
- Position is based at our Los Angeles office at 3333 Wilshire Blvd.
- Limited travel required for business meetings, organization events, as well as program needs at our sanctuary locations.
- Due the nature of position responsibilities, telecommuting is not an option for this position
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package, including paid holidays; personal days; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403(b) plan; flexible spending accounts; and long-term disability insurance
All interested applicants are required to complete Farm Sanctuary’s Employment Application. Instructions for sending supplemental materials will be provided within the application.
For questions or to request a copy of the employment application by mail, please contact email@example.com.
Position posted August 11, 2016