National Placement Program Manager
Farm Sanctuary’s National Placement Program Manager oversees all aspects of our farm animal placement programs, including rescues, adoptions, and placement assistance requests. The Manager serves as the organization’s primary point of contact for all requests for farm animal placement assistance. This position reports to the National Shelter Director and is responsible for supervising one part time employee.
- Managing Placement Programs (both directly handling responsibilities as well as delegating work to Placement & Volunteer Program Assistant)
- Processing and screening all placement requests, then providing for review by National Shelter Director as needed
- Ensuring timely responses to placement requests
- Screening incoming applications
- Maintaining animal placement board
- Coordinating adoptions including necessary animal testing
- Outreach for large rescue placement efforts
- Maintaining Farm Animal Adoption Network
- Collaborating with other sanctuaries on large rescues
- Ensuring proper and timely handling of general shelter information requests
- Managing general shelter files
- Coordinating and assisting with animal transport as needed
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to listen and interact constructively and professionally with those seeking Farm Sanctuary’s assistance
- Ability to display sensitivity, tact and responsiveness with constituents, staff, management, etc.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, handling varied tasks simultaneously while meeting multiple (and sometime competing) deadlines
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word required; database (e.g Access) preferred
- Resourcefulness and ability to work independently
- Poise and fluent adaptability to unexpected situations and developments
- Working knowledge of basic farm animal care preferred
- Commitment to Farm Sanctuary’s animal care policies
- Familiarity with and dedication to Farm Sanctuary’s vision, mission, and ethos
- Confidence and ability to work independently, while maintaining consistent and relevant communication with supervisor
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required
- Previous administrative experience required
- Previous customer service experience required; placement experience at animal care facility preferred
- Experience or willingness to be trained on animal transport, including driving rescue van and trailer
- Previous experience transporting large animals or driving large trailers beneficial
- Full Time, non exempt position
- Position to be located in Watkins Glen, NY or Acton, CA.
- Some weekend and evening hours required
- Occasional travel required to assist with transport for animal adoptions or rescues.
- Salary commensurate with experience and location
- Competitive benefits package, including paid holidays; personal days; vacation and sick leave; health, dental vision, and life insurance; 403(b) plan; flexible spending accounts; and long-term disability insurance
All interested applicants are required to complete Farm Sanctuary’s Employment Application. Instructions for sending supplemental materials will be provided within the application.
For questions or to request a copy of the employment application by mail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position posted February 9, 2018