Tour Guide – Acton, CA (Part Time)
Farm Sanctuary’s tour guide position offers a unique opportunity to work with a team of committed staff and volunteers focused on advocating for farm animals. The tour guide supports our Visitor Experience department helping to educate guests on farm animal issues and a vegan lifestyle.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Conducting public and special tours using script provided
- Staffing gift shop
- Staffing front gate
- Providing customer service to guests
- Daily cleaning responsibilities
- Assisting with on sanctuary events and outreach projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of farmed animal and vegan issues
- Commitment to Farm Sanctuary’s mission and pursuing a vegan lifestyle
- Good communication, public speaking, and outreach skills
- Hard working and dependable
- Able to easily communicate with various audiences
- Resourcefulness and ability to work independently
- Part time position offering 24 – 28 hours per week
- Position shifts include every Friday, Saturday and Sunday – this schedule is not flexible as it must align with our public tour schedule
- Starting wage is $13.25 per hour
All interested applicants are required to complete Farm Sanctuary’s Employment Application. Instructions for sending supplemental materials will be provided within the application.
For questions or to request a copy of the employment application by mail, please contact email@example.com.
Date posted: November 20, 2018