The California Country Hoe Down is an animal lover’s paradise! Join us this May 10 and 11 for a weekend of inspirational speakers, delicious vegan food, fun activities, and rescued animal friends.
Throughout the weekend, we’ll open our shelter gates for guests to meet the incredible rescued animals who call Farm Sanctuary home. Our expert staff will be on hand to share stories, answer questions, and introduce you to the cows, pigs, chickens, and other farm animals who make our Northern California Shelter such a special place.
Guests will be transformed, informed, and inspired by our expert speaker program that features some of the best names in animal protection and plant-based living, including:
- Larry Baldwin, North Carolina CAFO coordinator with Waterkeeper Alliance
- Gene Baur, president and co-founder of Farm Sanctuary
- Susie Coston, national shelter director for Farm Sanctuary
- Erica Meier, executive director of Compassion Over Killing
- Victoria Moran, author and holistic health counselor
- Miyoko Schinner, vegan chef, author of Artisan Vegan Cheese, and television cooking show host
- Paul Shapiro, vice president of farm animal protection at The Humane Society of the United States
- Leah Garces, USA Director for Compassion in World Farming
- Doron Petersan, owner of Sticky Fingers Sweets & Eats and two time winner of the Food Network’s Cupcake Wars
- Kerrie Wooten, Farm Sanctuary animal care manager
Enjoy exciting activities all weekend, including a film screening, a cruelty-free cooking demonstration, author book signings, a Q&A with staff and guest speakers, a yoga session, and our famous Saturday night barn dance with live music. Whether you’re a longtime advocate or just curious about farm animals, the Country Hoe Down has something to offer everyone!
When you register, your Hoe Down ticket price includes:
- Vegan meals throughout the weekend (a light lunch on Saturday, Saturday night dinner, and a continental breakfast Sunday morning)
- Access to all presentations and activities
- Admission into our camping area on the sanctuary grounds
Don’t miss out on a weekend of fun connecting with rescued animals and other people who are interested in creating a more compassionate world. This popular event sells out quickly, though, so register today!