Escape to Farm Sanctuary’s New York Shelter for a weekend filled with animals, speakers, food, and fun at the New York Country Hoe Down!
Held August 2 and 3, the Hoe Down is an animal lover’s dream come true. Spend time hanging out in the pastures with the cows, pigs, chickens, and other rescued animals who call Farm Sanctuary home, with our expert staff on hand to share stories and answer questions. Connect with people interested in discussing how we can create a more compassionate world. Learn from inspiring expert speakers covering topics from animal advocacy to healthy vegan living.
The 2014 speaker program features some of the best names in the movement, including:
- Gene Baur, president and co-founder of Farm Sanctuary
- Sherry F. Colb, Cornell law professor and author of Mind If I Order the Cheeseburger?: And Other Questions People Ask Vegans
- Susie Coston, national shelter director for Farm Sanctuary
- Amanda Hitt, director, Food Integrity Campaign, Government Accountability Project
- Scott Jurek, vegan ultramarathoner and author of Eat and Run
- Miyoko Schinner, vegan chef, author of Artisan Vegan Cheese, and television cooking show host
- Doron Peterson, owner of Sticky Fingers Eats & Sweets in Washington, DC
The weekend’s dynamic program also includes an optional 5K run, a screening of the award-winning documentary The Ghosts in Our Machine, a cruelty-free cooking demonstration, author book signings, a Q&A with staff and speakers, a yoga session, and a Saturday night barn dance with a live string band. The Hoe Down has something to offer everyone —whether you’re a longtime advocate or just curious to learn more about farm animals!
- Vegan meals throughout the weekend, including coffee and lunch on Saturday, Saturday night dinner, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday
- Access to all presentations and activities
- Admission into our camping area on the sanctuary grounds
This popular event is not to be missed! The Country Hoe Down sells out quickly, so register today!
Farm Sanctuary thanks the following companies for sharing amazing vegan products with our guests.