Let’s Talk Tofurky
For almost 30 years, Tofurky roasts have been the centerpieces of compassionate Thanksgiving tables across the country. The ever-expanding product line makes it easy to enjoy the tastes and traditions you love without harming the turkeys and other farm animals you also love. Farm Sanctuary is proud to serve Tofurky products at our Thanksgiving events, and have them as our Partner for the 2014 Adopt a Turkey Project. Our guests love them, and your family will too!
Tofurky Maple-Pecan Roast
Recipe by Wolfgang Hanau
1 thawed Tofurky roast, unwrapped
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup tamari soy sauce
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons Chinese chili paste with garlic
8 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon 5-spice powder
2 cups toasted pecan pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In a 2-cup bowl, whisk together maple syrup, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, chili paste, garlic, and 5-spice powder. Pour over the Tofurky, coating all surfaces.
2. Cover Tofurky and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Drain the Tofurky and place on a rack in a large, shallow roasting pan.
5. Roast in preheated oven 45 minutes, basting with maple syrup marinade juices.
6. While the roast is in the oven, toast the pecan pieces in a heavy skillet over low-medium heat until lightly toasted. Set aside.
7. Allow the roast to rest for 10 minutes before serving with Tofurky Giblet & Mushroom gravy or other vegan gravy. Sprinkle with toasted pecan pieces.