The Content Manager is responsible for maintaining Farm Sanctuary’s effectiveness in growing and maintaining an audience, deepening engagement, converting content consumers to supporters, and bolstering revenue-generating initiatives. The position reports to the Senior Manager of Communications and Marketing.
- Building editorial calendar and written guidelines.
- Maintaining and growing Farm Sanctuary’s content library and packaging and repackaging content to meet programmatic needs.
- Ideate and conceive fresh and socially-driven content and campaigns.
- Overseeing production of print publications, including a newsletter and calendar.
- Determining sources for content creation, both internally and externally.
- Serving as an exemplary writer, consistent with our brand’s tone and mission.
- Editing content produced by teammates, including conceptualizing the projects upfront and copy-editing prior to publishing.
- Gleaning insight from industry trends and customer challenges in order to build a more effective editorial calendar.
- Optimizing content for search and social.
- 5 years of experience writing, reporting, line-editing, and packaging digital content. Content-marketing experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience entering content in WordPress or other CMS templates.
- Basic HTML proficiency.
- Critical thinking and accountability.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines while effectively managing multiple projects with creativity and flexibility.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to experiment and draw insights from data.
- Ability to work well as part of a diverse cross-country team, keeping others informed, and highlighting opportunities and risks associated with campaigns and projects.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business’ various types of content
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing and audience development strategies and tactics.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Full-time exempt position.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Competitive benefits package, including paid holidays; personal days; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403(b) plan; flexible spending accounts; and long-term disability insurance.
- Position to be based in Farm Sanctuary’s office in Los Angeles or telecommuting from a remote home office in New York, NY.
All interested applicants are required to complete Farm Sanctuary’s Employment Application. Instructions for sending supplemental materials will be provided within the application.
For questions or to request a copy of the employment application by mail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position posted on March 20, 2019