Social Media Engagement Specialist
Farm Sanctuary’s Social Media Engagement Specialist is responsible for maintaining Farm Sanctuary’s social media presence and increasing engagement with the Farm Sanctuary brand, while staying current with emerging trends and platform updates. The position reports to the Senior Manager of Communications and Marketing.
• Propose, maintain and monitor comprehensive, yet flexible, social media content strategy
• Create social media editorial calendars and posting cadence
• Publish content across owned and earned social channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube
• Engage members and supporters in brand specific and advocacy related campaigns as needed
• Track trends and report insights and social analytics
• Keep abreast of emerging trends and platform updates
• Grow and manage social media communities and promote click-through to Farm Sanctuary’s website
• Deep listening and responding to influencers and engaged audience members
• Manage online reputation of Farm Sanctuary and respond strategically to feedback and comments and chatter as needed
• Social media monitoring and customer resource management
• Responding to cross-departmental social media promotion needs
• At least two years experience managing social media pages with proven success in fostering engagement.
• Social media responsibility as evidenced by personal social footprint online
• Social media responsibility as evidenced by professional social footprint online
• Basic HTML proficiency
• Strong writing and communication skills with a passion for finding the right words and images, and a knack for getting to the point, accurately and succinctly
• Experience producing engaging editorial content for diverse audiences
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines while effectively managing multiple projects with creativity and flexibility
• Detail oriented with an ability to experiment and draw insights from data
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• An interest in emerging social media platforms
• A passion for data and experience tracking and reporting social media insights statistics
• Familiarity, commitment and passion for Farm Sanctuary’s vision and mission
• Full time position
• Occasional evening or weekend availability required
• Position to be based in Farm Sanctuary’s office in Los Angeles, CA or telecommuting from a remote home office in the New York City metro area.
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Competitive benefits package, including paid holidays; personal days; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403(b) plan; flexible spending accounts; and long-term disability insurance
All interested applicants are required to complete Farm Sanctuary’s Employment Application. Instructions for sending supplemental materials will be provided within the application.
For questions or to request a copy of the employment application by mail, please contact email@example.com