Tour Guide – Watkins Glen, NY (Seasonal)
Farm Sanctuary’s seasonal tour guide positions offer a unique opportunity to live and work with a team of committed staff and volunteers focused on advocating for farm animals. Tour guides assist with all aspects of our Visitor Program activities and play a key role in educating the public on farm animal issues and a vegan lifestyle. This position is an excellent opportunity to gain skills and experience in animal advocacy work.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Providing visitor center and tour program needs from May through October
- Conducting public and special tours using script provided
- Staffing gift shop
- Providing customer service to guests
- Daily cleaning responsibilities
- Assisting with Bed & Breakfast Program, including regular breakfast setup, cleanup, and housekeeping responsibilities
- Assisting with on-site sanctuary events and outreach projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable on farm animal and vegan issues
- Commitment to Farm Sanctuary’s mission and pursuing a vegan lifestyle
- Excellent communication and outreach skills
- Hardworking and dependable
- Able to easily communicate with various audiences
- Resourcefulness and ability to work independently
- Willingness and ability to perform physical labor and moderate lifting
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Full-time temporary position available late April through end of October; one position available through December 31. Candidates only available May through August will also be considered.
- Position requires regular weekend and holiday hours
- Starting wage is $12 per hour for on-site staff, $13.50 for off-site staff
- Limited shared on-site housing available at no cost
All interested applicants are required to complete Farm Sanctuary’s Employment Application and submit a cover letter connecting their experience to this specific position. Instructions for sending supplemental materials (resume, references) will be provided within the application.
For questions or to request a copy of the employment application by mail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date posted: February 1, 2019