Farm Sanctuary is proud to offer a competitive benefits package designed to reward our employees for their excellent performance, to demonstrate Farm Sanctuary’s commitment to its employees, and to promote employee retention by increasing employee satisfaction.
Of course, a primary benefit of working at Farm Sanctuary is the opportunity to serve and interact with the farm animal residents who call Farm Sanctuary’s shelters their homes and to be part of an organization that is committed to doing good in this world. Additional benefits of regular (i.e. non-seasonal) employment at Farm Sanctuary, as of January 2016, are identified in this summary. Complete details of current benefits and eligibility requirements can be discussed during the interview process and are provided to all employees upon hire.
Paid Time Off
- Holidays – 10 holidays throughout the year, including employee birthday
- Vacation – 10 days in first through third year of employment, 15 days in fourth and fifth year, then 20 days in each year to follow
- Personal – two days per year
- Sick – six days per year
- Bereavement – up to three days per year
Farm Sanctuary provides numerous forms of unpaid leave to employees who need time off to attend to important personal matters, including but not limited to pregnancy disability, family and medical leave, time off to vote, jury duty leave, military and military spousal leave, and time off for bone marrow, blood, or organ donation.
FARM SANCTUARY 403(b) PLAN.
Farm Sanctuary’s plan offers a discretionary match determined annually and a three-year vesting period. For 2016 there is an employer match for contributions up to 3% of salary.
INSURANCE BENEFITS (full-time employees)
|Medical & Prescription Drug Coverage||Varies by plan selected, three options available|
1-20% monthly premium for individual coverage; 10-40% monthly premium for plans with dependent coverage
|Dental Coverage||25% monthly premium for individual coverage and 100% cost of dependent coverage|
|Vision Coverage||75% monthly premium for individual coverage and 100% cost of dependent coverage|
|Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Plan ($25,000)||No cost to employee; employee may add voluntary life for self, spouse, or dependent at their cost|
|Long-Term Disability Coverage||No cost to employee|
- Travel Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account for Dependent Care Expenses
- Flexible Spending Account for Health Care Expenses
- Flexible Spending Account for Commuting/Transportation Expenses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Farm Sanctuary merchandise and visitor program discounts