SEO & Analytics Manager
Over the years, science has illuminated the disastrous impact of animal agriculture on our health, the environment, and our food system. Since 1986, Farm Sanctuary has fought the abuses of factory farming, advocated for institutional reforms, and encouraged a new awareness and understanding of the benefits of plant-based living. Here’s your chance to get involved in our next chapter. This is a vital role as we embrace new opportunities to educate and help consumers make mindful lifestyle choices. We’re counting on your expertise to help increase our reach, expand the work we do, and make a significant impact based on sound data.
The SEO & Analytics Manager will play a key role in helping Farm Sanctuary broaden and democratize its mission in a way that identifies, reaches, engages, retains, and grows audiences across consumer platforms, including but not limited to farmsanctuary.org and social media platforms. The SEO & Analytics Manager will ensure that an informed, data-driven approach is applied to all tasks and responsibilities. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Communications & Marketing.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Set strategy and lead advocacy and ad campaigns by actively driving and executing daily SEO keyword research, defining target keywords, and identifying growth opportunities
- Use research and analytics to inform and direct our overall brand content strategy and plan, using SEO expertise to optimize individual website pages, blogs, social profiles, email marketing, etc.
- Develop and grow audiences for various content marketing campaigns and brand pages and work with teams to ensure these are delivered across core channels throughout the year, revisiting and refining at various benchmarks
- Engage in deep listening of audiences using software and data signals
- Help keep Farm Sanctuary ahead of algorithm shifts and other industry updates
- Increase traffic to O&O digital platforms by delivering audience insights that incorporate competitive analysis and link-building recommendations
- Regularly audit Farm Sanctuary’s digital-content libraries to enhance brand ranking and authority in search and on social
- Produce weekly and monthly reporting that details KPIs, results, and data storytelling for content strategy and program-impact reporting
- Consult with Communications and IT leadership to develop and execute in-depth plans for farmsanctuary.org’s structural optimization
- Strategize, map, track, and recalibrate conversion funnels
- Perform regular audits to help identify areas for improvement (e.g., broken links and bounce rates) and help map runway for growth in the animal-rights sector
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, analytics, communications, science, business, finance, accounting, or statistics
- 2–3 years of practical experience in SEO and analytics on agency/client side or media
- Strong understanding of technical aspects of SEO, including search-ranking factors, information architecture, content optimization, and link building
- Strong organization skills and data savviness
- Proficiency with Excel and pivot-table functions
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and SEO-analysis tools
- Fluency in terminology, industry best practices, and trends
- Demonstrated success in an SEO role at a medium- to large-size media company preferred but not required
- Experience with website and email optimization, A/B testing tools helpful
- Experience with or interest in using a multivariate testing tool (e.g., Adobe Test & Target, Optimizely) to optimize marketing and user-experience initiatives helpful
- Full-time, exempt position
- Occasional weekend and evening hours, as required
- Position to be based at our Los Angeles office or from a remote home office in the New York metro area. Telecommuting opportunity will only be considered for candidates within the New York metro area.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including paid holidays; personal days; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403(b) plan; flexible spending accounts; and long-term disability insurance
All interested applicants are required to complete Farm Sanctuary’s Employment Application. Instructions for sending supplemental materials will be provided within the application.
For questions or to request a copy of the employment application by mail, please contact email@example.com.
Position posted June 14, 2018